Saturday, January 23, 2010

Alice's New Mumu







The mumu (long and large aloha print dress) is a little big for Alice right now, but will be perfect for our visit to Hawaii in the spring, when she visits all of her aunties. I have collected bits and pieces of vintage fabric over the years and I have been itching for an excuse to use them. Making this dress in a couple of hours and having no interruptions from start to finish felt really satisfying. Gabe played with Alice for a couple of hours last Saturday morning and I raced through this project like I was being chased by a dinosaur with very large teeth. I am not totally convinced that this is the dress pattern I will want to use for future dresses due to the open sides and the ties, so I will keep looking for a cute easy dress pattern.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie lil' Alice is and I love her mu'umu'u! You made me laugh out loud about being chased by a dinosaur! I definitely know the feeling! Thanks for sharing your photos and fun, Zib. I hope we get to visit you this summer. KTd

    ReplyDelete